A brand board has become an essential aspect of digital business representation. It is the perfect medium that defines the visual identity of a business. A brand board is much more than a logo; it is supposed to communicate your vision and purpose to the visitors of your site and you really need it to establish your brand as an authority in your chosen niche. Before we proceed to talk about why you should use one, let’s look at what brand board is, specifically.
What is a brand board?
A brand board is simply a visual representation of your brand. It is specifically a one page document that summarises the elements of your brand’s visual identity, including colors, fonts, and logo.
What makes up a brand board?
The elements that make up a brand board are:
- Your logo
- Logo variations
- Your favicon
- Main color palette
- Supporting color palette
- Patterns and design elements
Why should you use brand boards?
Brand boards are more like the perfect recipe for online success. If you really want to grow your brand, then you need a perfect brand board to compliment your efforts. Here are some specific reasons why you should use one:
- It helps you to stay on track. Once you create the perfect brand board, you have your vision, purpose, and visuals all combined together. This way, there is less chances of deviation.
- It serves as a guide in creating other graphics and visuals. A brand board makes it easier for you to create any other visuals for your brand. It helps you to avoid mistakes and create graphics that are consistent with your brand identity.
- It makes the design duty easier for other members of your team. Of course you may have to entrust another member of your team with the design duty, a brand board will make the process easier for such individual.
- It guide freelance designers. You may also want to outsource your graphics at a point, a brand board will provide your freelance designer with the perfect picture of what you want and the direction to go.
- It is also an easy reference. With your brand board, you have an easy reference for finding your font names and color codes.
The ultimate purpose of having a good brand board is to set your brand style. With it, you can ensure that your visuals are consistent. This way, you can build authority and trust in your chosen niche. It is a business essential that you must get right.